Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Truck Load Of New at The Attic


This little lamp is ADORABLE! Especially the shade.


(Sorry, I'm sold!)
This fabulous desk is one of our new arrivals this week. Isn't she a beauty?
Lots of cubbies..drawers, graceful curves. It definitely warrants a second look!





Beautiful in blue....this lovely chest has been painted in a new shade we are using at the store. It's just so soft and perfect for the beach cottage home.



Another wonderful desk in black and dressed in fabulous hardware!



And finally, this wonderful vanity or washstand with tri fold mirror. It is so high, we are having doubts about it being a vanity. What do you think? This was taken shortly after we got it and as you can see, the top was in poor shape with no stain left on the wood. Our first thought was to just paint the entire piece black...maybe white. No, black..or forget it! haha.. The more I looked at it, the more I wanted to save it's original look and just paint the top black to match the original black trim around the mirrors. So Jane and I painted the top black and used Restore a Finish on the rest of the piece. I then waxed the top to give it a slight sheen. This was my first experience with hand waxing and I must say...It wasn't as easy as I thought..reminded me of the days when I used to paste wax my old car. Putting it on was a piece of cake, polishing it was NOT fun! LOL...



So here she sits holding our latest arrivals of feathered headbands.

If anyone has any questions about items we show on the blog, feel free to leave a comment or email us! We can arrange to ship furniture and it's quite reasonable if delivered to a commercial address.

The Attic is open daily from 10-6 ( Sundays 10-5 )
1112 Tenth St
Coronado

No comments: