Saturday, January 15, 2011

Martha Stewart Cake Topper ~ Before & After

This cake topper from Martha Stewart didn't always look like this. The Attic girls got their hands on it and gave it a vintage makeover! It was a very simple process.

A vintage doily was added on the top of the basket and the entire piece was tea stained.

Every bride needs a head piece so I made her one with a pink rhinestone.

A string of pearls for her...a simple bow tie for him.

I really wanted to give him a top hat, and still might!

(Sold)


This is the "Before" picture and as you can see, it was VERY white.

1 comment:

FourSistersInACottage said...

TO NANCY from The Attic Girls:
You know, sometimes, when we least expect it,someone does something for us that we didn't see coming.
Those moments are my most favorite in life.
They truly are and I want you to know how much I appreciate your
comment on my blog.
I had no idea what those chairs were, I only knew that I loved them
and they must be rare because I've never seen anything like them.
THANK YOU!!!!
Thank you Nancy, for taking time out, to let me know what those chairs might be.
You truly made my day with something that was not expected and those are the days I love the most.
So good to hear from you!!!!
Big Hugs to you, Amy