Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Elves Did Their Magic*


We closed up shop last Tuesday for the the elves to work their magic.
(You may click on the image to enlarge them)


The entry table was transformed into a live forest filled with Gnomes, Elves and Forest Friends. I love the live nobles in pots..so much more than the faux trees. Now we just have to remember to water them!



We have the sweetest vintage cement deer and baby from the 1950's, a vintage hand carved gnome from Germany, lots of 1950's elves and a wonderful selection of new woodland animal ornaments to complete the collection. Owls, deer, squirrels, gnomes and my favorite..these pixies with mushroom hats.







Our sign was made by sweet Rita..we just love it!




When we brought in the fireplace mantle, we really didn't know what we were going to place inside since we didn't have any firewood at hand..but then it hit me! We stacked the burlap and linen pillows inside...love it.






The mantle is sold and will be going to a new home in Arizona!

This little guy is probably my favorite gnome. He is hand carved, German.


Our smaller window features an antique drop front desk with a selection of stocking stuffers inside. An antique typewriter holds a letter to Santa. It reminds him to stop at The Attic for the best selection of stuffers. :)
(The desk has been sold)


At night we bring in our vintage wood trellis and as I placed it over the table, I had to take a picture. It is so much prettier in person, and I wanted to leave those twinkling lights over the forest all night!


We always have vintage Christmas ornaments at The Attic and it continues to be one of our best sellers during the holidays. We collect them year round and if you are a collector yourself, then you know just how difficult it is to find the good ones. We love to hear customers walk by the displays and reminisce about their childhood memories of Christmas.

We filled this huge old clam with vintage pink & aqua ornaments, carefully packaged in pairs or singles. We chose our best ones to package so they are ready to gift for that vintage collector you know.

Stop in to see all of our Holiday displays..Open Daily 10-6pm & Sundays 10-5.

7 comments:

My Vintage Treasures said...

What talented elves you have!!! The store looks amazing :)

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

OhOHOhOH! Love it, you girls are working so hard. The Fireplace mantel is a candy=caramella
Ciao Rita

sandra Lee said...

It looks beautiful gals...my daughter absolutely loves her zipper headband! I am hoping to get over to see you again soon.

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

The store looks wonderful!! I am hoping to come and visit the week after Thanksgiving with my daughter. I sure hope you gals can make it to the next barn sale, we'd love to have you! The sign that Rita made is of course fantastic!
My Best
Gale

The Attic Girls said...

Thanks everyone! Gale, I would love to see you again. Didn't get a chance to talk much at Rose Bowl, but hopefully I can be at the store when you come. Please email me 1-2 days before you come down or leave a comment and I will get it via email.
Looking forward to your visit and I am definitely going to Matildas! Already printed out the Mapquest directions. :)

A Wild Thing said...

Girl, this is just magical...what a grand job you gals have done in turning the store into a winter wonderland...FABULOUS!!!

I don't think you'd want to pay the shipping on this piece, it weighs a ton. It's 4ft.X 2ft., I couldn't even budge it!!! Think the price will be around $800.00, she wasn't sure yet. It'll be interesting to see if it sells.

Keep up the good work, got two more wonderful pieces in black to deliver to her...see ya!
sharon

Cabin 19 Supply Company said...

It all looks so gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE that little deer! He is TOO cute!

(I did not buy any of the apple & spice candles, Volcano continues to be my best seller and I ordered some of the ones in white jars with silver lids (scent is Fire in that line) but the Gardenia is also doing well.)

Happy Thanksgiving!